Thursday, December 6, 2007

My favorite things #1

I just found out that Diana Wynne Jones, one of my favorite writers ever, was awarded the 2007 World Fantasy Association lifetime achievement award (along with Betty Ballantine, editor and co-founder of Ballantine Books). You can read her acceptance speech on the Official DWJ Website. Diana's take on literary agents: "This is where I learnt what literary agents are *really* for: they are for pulling you off the throat of your publisher. "

In celebration of her award, I think I will reread one of Diana Wynne Jones's books--I believe I own all of them. The only trouble is which one to choose. My choice is made easier by my having packed half my books in preparation for moving (to a house with no shelves. Hmm).

I think I'll read Dogsbody. It was the first DWJ book I ever read, and remains one of my favorites. And I haven't yet packed it.

No comments: