Saturday, July 26, 2008

FinePrint on eReaders

The new blog for FinePrint Lit Agency is up, and Peter Rubie has a stupendous post about ereaders and ebooks. I've read a lot of posts about the subject, but I think this is the first that nails every single concern I've had about ereaders. I'm afraid I left a slobberingly adoring comment, but I really am impressed.

I'm looking forward to the next generation of ereaders. Sony's taken a step in the right direction by making their reader DRM-free. Now they just need to drop the price so more people can afford it.

I really do predict a huge explosion in ebook sales in the next few years. All we need is a really good reader to hit the market. I want one, but it needs to be better-designed than the ones available now, and more open too.

No comments: