Sunday, February 10, 2008

Back in the Saddle

I'm finally working on White Rose again tonight, and it's going slowly. This despite my interest in the story--I'm just at the part where Rose meets the were-zebras. Yeah. Were-zebras.

Just goes to show how easy it is to get out of the rhythm of writing. I've been working for three hours now, and I don't think I've written 500 words. Of course, it doesn't help that I've also been ripping CDs to my new computer. That might have distracted me a bit.

I have so much to do, writing-wise--start "Rumpelstiltskin," revise the other fairy tale so I can market it, do some revisions to Evil Outfitters, Ltd that have struck me as necessary, reread Jack of All Trades so I can roll up my sleeves and really revise that sucker, and of course keep working on White Rose. I suppose it's good that I don't, you know, have deadlines or anything. Although it would be nice if someone wanted all this stuff.

I bought the anthology I put together on AnthologyBuilder.com. I crammed 30 stories into it, to the maximum of 350 pages. There's a glitch in the program that messes up the page display if you have more than 25 stories in an anthology, but hopefully it won't screw up the printed book. I keep emailing the proprietress about the bug but haven't heard back from her.

No comments: