Friday, February 29, 2008

Two-month roundup

So we're now two months into 2008, and how am I doing with my new year's resolutions? These were my resolutions this year:

1. Sell a novel or novella
2. Make my first pro sale
3. Make at least four other sales
4. Write two novellas and a novel
5. Write at least four short stories
6. Finish revisions for Stag in Balance and Jack of All Trades
7. Finish writing Stag in Velvet

I've made two sales to paying markets already, so #3 is half done. I'm working on the novel in #4--I'm hoping to finish it by the end of March (although I bet it stretches out into April). The other day I started thinking about Jack of All Trades, and suddenly saw what the book is lacking and how to fix it; I've started those revisions, but got blindsided by a story idea yesterday. I should be able to finish that story this weekend. Not counting flash fiction, and not counting "Bearskin" which I wrote half of in 2007, I've written three stories already this year, so I'm nearly done with #5.

Not bad, really, after only two months. And to think that this time last year I hadn't yet sold a single piece of fiction.

No comments: