Monday, February 25, 2008

First story appearance of 2008!

I forgot to say more about Renard's Menagerie issue 5 that's out now with my story "The King's Messenger" in it! I read the entire issue Saturday and really enjoyed it. I don't say that lightly, either. I probably shouldn't admit it, but I very often don't read all the stories in the magazines/anthologies my stuff appears in--I just read mine over and make sure there are no horrible mistakes, and then flip through the rest of the issue and see if anything strikes my fancy.

In this case, I read my story, then thought I'd look at the next one. I read it, thought "that was good, but I'll read the rest later" and next thing I knew, I'd read the whole issue cover to cover. That's amazing for me. Needless to say, it's a good issue with interesting stories and some nice internal art, and a book review section. I think I may have to spring for a subscription with my next paycheck.

Now that that issue's out, I'm sure everyone is relieved that I will freaking stop talking about it. I plugged this one a lot, sorry--but I was just excited that my favorite character Kristof has made it into print! Now I just need to sell his book.

No comments: