Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Is it Wednesday again already?

As introduced by Catherine J. Gardner, it's Work-in-Progress Wednesday! And I actually did some writing today!

Actually, I did some writing yesterday too. Yesterday I finished the rough draft rewrite of "Cult of the Butterfly," which is too long and horrible but at least it's done (again). I was going to start fixing it and chopping big chunks out of it today, but instead I started work on a new Kristof Hart short story (Kristof, of course, being the weredeer of The Weredeer). I'm having a blast with it and wrote about 1,500 words today--I haven't typed it up so it may not be quite that much, but maybe it's a little more. Anyway, Kristof is a main character but not the viewpoint character, which is an interesting challenge. I don't have a title for it yet, but I'm sure to come up with something awful by the time it's done.

6 comments:

Jameson T. Caine said...

I added about 940 words to my WIP tonight. It felt good and I can sense the story unfolding nice and steady, building up to lots of screaming.

At times like this, when things are FLOWING, I wish the work day wasn't as long and I could get home sooner to write.

*shakes fist at sky* Some day!

K.C. Shaw said...

Awesome! I was the same way with mine yesterday, it was just flowing so well I hated to stop. Hopefully today will be the same for both of us.

Cate Gardner said...

Fantastic, thanks for playing along. I envy your word count for 'Cult of the Butterfly'.

K.C. Shaw said...

Yeah, but it's way too long. *sigh* Oh well, chopping half the story will be therapeutic.

Jamie Eyberg said...

I can't wait to have a writing day like that again. sounds like a good one.

K.C. Shaw said...

I just hope today goes as well. So far: 0 words, but then I am at work doing (mostly) work stuff. :)