Monday, June 15, 2009

Same old story

Fictitious Force finally up and closed, not to anyone's surprise. Pfft.

Ralan's has a new magazine listed called Emerald Tales, and the theme for their first issue is "Follow the Butterflies." I was trying to come up with an idea for that last night when I realized I already have a story that fits the theme perfectly. It's a SF story called "Cult of the Butterfly." Unfortunately, it's also one of the first stories I wrote when I started writing short and it kind of sucks. I started rewriting it last year but didn't get too far, but now I have a reason to keep going. For one thing, the issue deadline is July 1!

8 comments:

Jameson T. Caine said...

Oooooh! A new market!

K.C. Shaw said...

Yeah, it looks interesting and the pay's not bad. And they're open to pretty much any genre!

Carrie Harris said...

I'm limiting myself to one short/flash at a time, or I will never finish this novel. Of course, I could put butterfly wings on my fairy....

Ack! Must... stop...

K.C. Shaw said...

Muahahahaha!

Jamie Eyberg said...

Sounds interesting. I might have to look into it.

K.C. Shaw said...

I like themed issues and anthologies. It's always fun to try and think up a twist on the theme.

Cate Gardner said...

$40 a story - not bad indeed. Good luck with that.

K.C. Shaw said...

Yeah, for a 4,000 word or less story it's not bad. Above 4k and it starts looking less interesting, but still a nice little sum.