Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Reviews ahoy!

Tangent Online just relaunched! It's a review site for speculative short fiction. Right now they're mostly just reviewing the big print magazines, but they've got plans to expand that. I did skim through to see what issues they've reviewed of various smaller magazines (*ahem* of course I wasn't looking for any of my stories, that would be silly) but I didn't notice any that I have personally read. Since right now they're only reviewing print magazines, which can be pricey or slow to arrive if you order an issue, it's a good way to get a feel for the kinds of stories a particular magazine publishes so you know whether to submit there (or subscribe).

Insert complete change of subject here. We're having corn on the cob with supper, and I gave my mostly-eaten cob to my cat Vincent. Vincent loves corn on the cob. He's finishing off the kernels I didn't eat, and of course getting them all over the floor. He's so cute when he's not deciding the living room carpet is a giant litterbox.

6 comments:

Aaron Polson said...

I miss my cat. Mostly he just crept around and pounced on people in the dark, but I loved him.

K.C. Shaw said...

I adore both my cats, even when they're being annoying. They're both getting up in years, so I worry about them a lot. I'm sorry to hear about your cat; and not a bit surprised to find that you had a cat that pounced on people in the dark. It's fitting. :)

Jamie Eyberg said...

I don't miss my cats. I'm a better shot than that.

just kidding, I have 12 right now and one that is just a couple of weeks old is a cute little furball.

Cate Gardner said...

Woot! Fantastic. Now all I have to do is get into Asimov's or F&SF. ;)

Unknown said...

Looks interesting.

K.C. Shaw said...

Jamie--geez, 12 cats. I hope they're not inside cats. Two inside cats are more than enough for me.

Cate--Just a matter of time. :)

Jeremy--Yeah, I think it'll be fun to dip into every so often, just to see what's being published in print magazines.