Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Writing is not an extreme sport

My life is so boring. I should take up an extreme sport just so I have something to blog about. I always did want to learn how to hang-glide, although I expect it's very expensive.

Maybe alligator wrestling would be a better option. Then I'd be paid to do it. But I'm such a wimp I can't even shear sheep because I'm afraid I might nick one; I certainly wouldn't be the right person to jump in a ring and attempt to whup an alligator. Also it might eat me.

Any other extreme sport I can think of requires, you know, a lot of physical effort. I'm a low-impact sort of person. I think I'll just see how high I can get my Wordtwist score for June.

9 comments:

Cate Gardner said...

Tennis is an extreme sport for me. :O

Alan W. Davidson said...

When I was young...I took a course in rock climbing. I eventually moved to somewhere really flat and gave it up. That, and I fell once and sprained my anckle. Reality check!

K.C. Shaw said...

Cate--Tennis is an impossible sport for me. I seem to be physically incapable of connecting with the ball.

Alan--"The Rock Climber in a Flat Land" would make a good title for something. Hey, spraining an ankle from falling off a cliff face isn't that bad an injury! You could be dead!

Jamie Eyberg said...

Maybe you should try something like running with kitty-cats or puppy dog wrestling. ;)

Carrie Harris said...

I did fall off a cliff once. I'm sticking with writing from now on.

Actually, I'm not that smart. I still do a lot of stupid stuff.

I'm sure I'm going somewhere with this, but I have no idea where.

My word verification was dorkrag. Cannot stop laughing.

Anne Spollen said...

Pilates is my idea of an extreme sport. Plus, you get to rest on the mat when no one is looking.

K.C. Shaw said...

Jamie--My cats would love to do kitty-cat wresting with me, but they would tag-team me and win.

Carrie--Word verification is an unexpected benefit of the internet. And since I forgot to log in before I hit reply, my word verification is fusewom, which makes me think of electric eels.

Oh, and I used to have a Richard Simmons exercise tape that was a freaking HOOT. I wish I'd kept it.

Anne--I wonder if I could convince anyone that mat-resting is a sport. I'm good at that!

Jameson T. Caine said...

Surfing was my extreme sport, until I encountered one too many sharks. Then I took up RPG's.

K.C. Shaw said...

You could role-play a shark who eats surfers. Actually, that sounds like a blast.