Thursday, June 18, 2009

Sugar! It's what's for breakfast!

I've been feeling shaky and blood-sugar-bottomed-out all day, and finally (duh) figured out that it was due to the Coke I had with breakfast. I've been trying to cut soft drinks out of my diet entirely, so have been slugging down unsweet tea instead all week--until this morning. Ugh. Bleah. I'm going to have to run out and get a big chunk of meat or something to keep me from crashing this afternoon.

But it's about to storm again (thunder, and it's getting dark!), and guy-who-looks-just-like-Alex is actually right outside the office working with a math tutor and looking more than ever like Alex, and I have tomorrow off work and plan to spend it hiking in Clear Creek (in the morning, before it gets too hot) and writing (finishing the rewrite of "Cult of the Butterfly"). So if I can keep from fainting or bursting into hysterical tears due to low blood sugar, this'll be a good afternoon.

9 comments:

Jamie Eyberg said...

I am so glad I am only cutting back on health foods. It saves me a lot of trouble.

Jameson T. Caine said...

I could never donate blood. I drink so much soda that I'm sure anyone who got a transfusion from me would flip out into a sugar/caffeine rampage.

At this point, I'd think I'd die if I removed those substances from my body.

K.C. Shaw said...

Jamie--If I could manage it, I'd put myself on an ice cream, spinach, raspberries, and pork chops diet. Which actually sounds better than how I usually eat.

Jameson--You know, that's a story idea right there. :)

Jamie Eyberg said...

I had fried pork chops, mashed taters, and gravy for dinner. tonight I think I will enjoy a beer and maybe a screwdriver (New bottle of vodka to break in.) :)

K.C. Shaw said...

*drools* I don't like beer, but I'd take some of that vodka.

Cate Gardner said...

Every time I cut back on things that are supposed to be bad for me, I feel like crap.

K.C. Shaw said...

I actually didn't notice the change from Coke to tea until I had that Coke. No more cokes for me!

Anne Spollen said...

Save the caffeine until just a few minutes before you sit down to write. Might come up with some interesting stuff.

K.C. Shaw said...

Or at least I'd write really, really fast.