Thursday, June 25, 2009

Would you like words with that?

I spent my entire lunch hour writing, which I used to do all the time. I still don't have a title for the story, and it's not typed up at all (I'm writing it longhand), but I think I'm probably about 2,500 words in and roughly halfway through. It started out a little dark, but nothing Kristof the weredeer is in can stay too dark for long. But since the climax of the story is going to take place in a battle where basically everyone gets slaughtered, I figure it'll get dark again.

It's wonderful to be writing something that's flowing so smoothly. That hasn't happened since The Taste of Magic last fall. I don't think this story is my best ever or anything, but it's not bad and I'm having fun with it. "Having fun" is a very important part of the writing process, but one which is easily forgotten.

6 comments:

Jameson T. Caine said...

Today sucked. I got suckered into working lots of overtime and by the time I got home my back, neck, shoulder and knee were throbbing something fierce. I just haven't felt up to writing. Instead, I'm researching potential markets.

Cate Gardner said...

It's good to put the joy back into writing, sometimes I think we stress out so much we forget we write because we love it.

Jamie Eyberg said...

Fun writing is good for the soul.

K.C. Shaw said...

Jameson--That's an important step too. I hope you feel better soon!

Cate--Yeah, I forget how much I love it until I relax with a fun and stupid story. I ought to title this one "Therapy."

Jamie--Precisely!

Aaron Polson said...

It's wonderful when writing works that way. I've been searching for the magic all summer.

K.C. Shaw said...

Good luck finding it! It took me about six months of searching.