Friday, January 16, 2009

blank Wednesday

My list-making for Blood and Taxes continues apace, and it's starting to resemble (slightly) an outline. To me, anyway. For instance, here's what I'm going by in order to get all the important events in the right order for the next week of in-book events; I copy this verbatim from my spiral notebook:

Fri night - party
Sat am - donation, clinic opens
Sat pm - Elemental
Sun - talk to Charmer and Than, Tuck's mtg/blood, haunting
Mon (Aug 1) - taxes, Bowers, regen.
Tues - Devin's party, Evander
Wed -
Thurs - Sinnet's party, Gerzell, Than found
Fri - Ash and angry Vincent
(V will tell king after this)

Okay, that all makes perfect sense to me, and if it makes perfect sense to you I don't want to hear about it. The biggest issue I have is with Wednesday. See that blank space? I can't decide what goes on Wednesday or if I need to pull all the action up a day, or if I need to dispose of Wednesday with one transition paragraph. At the moment Wednesday is empty, because I suspect I'll be adding some action there.

Also, what is with all the parties?

6 comments:

Cate Gardner said...

I love lists - it helps bring all your notes and snippets of dialogue into order.

K.C. Shaw said...

I'm a big list-maker. Then I lose my lists.

Jamie Eyberg said...

I only have grocery lists. Everything else is a seat of the pants affair.

Aaron Polson said...

Oh yeah, Wednesday. Not a big party day--that's your problem. ;)

K.C. Shaw said...

I make grocery lists too, and lose them.

K.C. Shaw said...

Well, everyone needs a day off from partying. Maybe Ana'll go to bed early that night with a good book. :)