Friday, January 2, 2009

Looking forward to...

Lots of things to look forward to in January.

I should hear back from Mundania Press any day now about The Weredeer, which they have had since Dec. 1, 2006 and which was still under consideration as of a few weeks ago. I just hope the internets didn't eat their final response or anything.

Around mid-January the 3-day novel contest results should be out, and I will find out how Hilda and Justice did. If I don't win, at least I'll have a new novella to shop around--although novellas are teh piss to sell. Any suggestions for good small presses that accept fantasy novellas?

Hopefully I'll hear back from New Fables, which has had my story "Bearskin" for several months and confirmed (back in November) that I'd made the next cut and should hear back in December. Hopefully they didn't mean December of 2009. I don't mind waiting a little longer, though, since that's a long story.

Hopefully I'll hear back from the agent who requested a full of Evil Outfitters Ltd. at the end of August. I just hope she actually got the email--so many spam filters swallow attachments whole. Once I hear back from her (and I am of course assuming a rejection), I'll start querying agents with The Taste of Magic.

Hopefully I'll hear from Alienskin, which has had "Realer Than Real" for a little over two months now and seems to be responding around the three-month mark.

Yes, I will be patient in 2009.

3 comments:

Jamie Eyberg said...

Patience is my goal for 2009 as well. I heard you can learn it but it takes a whole hour, so I don't know. Maybe I will learn patience next year.

K.C. Shaw said...

Man, an hour is WAY too long to learn how to be patient.

Anonymous said...

two years?

wow... that's a long, LONG time.

:(