Monday, January 19, 2009

The snow must have slowed down those editors

It snowed a little bit today, enough to be pretty although it's pretty much all melted by now. It never did even cover the grass. With luck we'll get more snow in the next few weeks, although I don't plan to hold my breath.

I have the day off for Martin Luther King Day, so it feels like Sunday still. I'm making beef stew because it's cold out, and I've been alternately reading and writing. I'm over 50,000 words into Blood and Taxes and I think I've pretty much got it all worked out now. I'm also at a fun scene to write--Ana's at the blood parlor, which gives me lots of opportunities for creepy-but-sexy vampire interactions. No wonder so many writers write about vampires. They make awesome characters! Mine don't even angst, either.

Still no word from Mundania or the agent. The agent has until the end of January before I start querying other agents. She didn't ask for an exclusive, and giving her an exclusive five months to respond to a requested full seems more than a little generous on my part. As for Mundania, I've been waiting 415 days. No comment. And the 3-day novel contest winners won't be announced for probably a few more weeks too. Heavy sighs all around.

8 comments:

Jamie Eyberg said...

haven't heard from an editor (as far as acceptance or rejection) for a week now. Not that I am complaining. They haven't been nice to me yet this year.

K.C. Shaw said...

Hopefully we'll both get acceptances soon! I'm running 50/50 on rejections/acceptances, myself, although that sounds better than it is--so far I've only received one of each. Oh, and one hold notice, which doesn't really count.

Aaron Polson said...

No news is good news, right?

K.C. Shaw said...

Actually, at this point I worry that no news is the spam filter's fault.

Unknown said...

Perseverance!

K.C. Shaw said...

Or maybe just "patience!" :)

Cate Gardner said...

We had snow as well yesterday. I went into a blind panic until it melted. ::brr::

K.C. Shaw said...

It snowed again overnight! Everyone panicked! And that was with just half an inch of snow. :)