Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Title woes redux

I renamed Hilda. She's now Coral, which is so much better for her character. Also, she doesn't come across as an instant frump.

I can't figure out the title, though. Thanks to everyone who made suggestions, particularly the suggestion that maybe not everyone will instantly figure out that by "drake" I mean "little dragon." Yeah. Like, maybe most people think "duck."

I'm tempted to just go with Justice as the title, but that's not terribly descriptive, so then I think (inevitably) that maybe Blue Justice might be better, which it really, really isn't. It sounds like a Tick episode, actually. So then I think, well, maybe I should try one of those newfangled poetic quotations, which requires a trip to Barlett's Familiar Quotations, which is downstairs, ...and I end up with such miseries as Wild Justice and Virtue of the Soul. And after flipping idly through the book, I am now ready to go right back to Justice. Or just call it The Mighty Novella, which at least amuses me.

UPDATE: The Price of Justice. Yay!!

8 comments:

Jameson T. Caine said...

"Scales of Justice"

Ya know - cuz dragons have scales...ok, it was worth a shot. :)

K.C. Shaw said...

OMG, I am so tempted....

Honestly, terrible pun or no, it almost works. Or maybe I'm just getting desperate. :)

Ace said...

Coral and Justice
Coral and the Drake
Coral and the Dragon
Little Justice
Scales of Justice
Coral
Blind Justice
The Price of Justice
Dragon Whisperer
The Lady and the Drake/the Dragon
Dragon Lady
Coral: Dragon Healer

K.C. Shaw said...

Oh. Oh oh oh oh oh.

The Price of Justice.

Ace, you did it!! Thanks!!

Aaron Polson said...

Drakes are dragons? Oh, that changes everything.

;) (you caught my sarcasm, I hope)

K.C. Shaw said...

MY drakes are dragons. Little ones. Everyone else can have those boring old ducks.

Ace said...

Hey K.C.!

Glad I could help out with the title!

K.C. Shaw said...

I am forever in your debt. You saved the title!