Friday, January 2, 2009

Nonononono, not fair!

Renard's Menagerie is closing.

I should have subscribed. This is all my fault.

It's ridiculous how proud I am of the story they published this time last year, "The King's Messenger" in issue #5 (copies still available, I understand). That was the first time Kristof of The Weredeer (*stares meaningfully at Mundania and drums fingers*) made it into print. I was looking forward to ultimately getting more stories into RM's pages.

Stupid recession.

7 comments:

Cate Gardner said...

Bummer, I have a story out with them.

K.C. Shaw said...

I bet they would have grabbed up your story!

Jamie Eyberg said...

That stinks.

K.C. Shaw said...

Yeah. I really liked that magazine.

Aaron Polson said...

That sucks.

I'm tossing a new resolution in the hat. New subscription each quarter this year, at least. Let's keep those small press mags chugging along!

Jamie Eyberg said...

I like Aaron's resolution. I think I can abide by that. And enjoy it as well.

K.C. Shaw said...

I think I'll have to do the same and start subscribing to magazines I like and want to support. Most of them don't cost very much.