Saturday, January 31, 2009

January round-up

We are already 1/12 of the way through 2009, which is just ridiculous. I don't feel like I accomplished anything, either.

I wrote one full-length story (on hold for the Dead Bait anthology) and one flash story (subbed to EDF).

I got one acceptance (from New Fables) and two rejections (including the 3-day novel fail).

I revised one novella and wrote a big chunk of Blood and Taxes--not sure how many words all told, but at least 25,000 and probably much more than that.

I sent out four submissions, including said novella, plus one agent query. Got a request for partial on that query a few days later, too!

I have still not heard from the agent who requested a full at the end of last August. I also haven't heard from Mundania. I killed one publisher (Trunk Novels) and haven't heard anything more about Fictitious Force, which I seem to have killed last November although it may just be a coma--their website says hiatus.

I need to write more stories, because I want to save up for an ereader. Go February!

10 comments:

Jamie Eyberg said...

this sounds like a good start the year to me. Come on February, bring it on.

Jamie Eyberg said...

That is, 'good start to the year' I don't know what I am doing losing words, brain fumble.

Aaron Polson said...

Nice job, January. Bring on the rest of 2009. Only 11/12 left...yikes!

K.C. Shaw said...

Jamie--I knew what you meant. Hey, great minds think alike!

Aaron--Saying 11/12 left sounds a lot less scary than saying 1/12 already gone, for some reason.

Jameson T. Caine said...

Wait! January is over? ALREADY??

K.C. Shaw said...

Just a few more hours to get everything done that you wanted to do in January! I wonder if I can read five books in the next three and a half hours.

Jamie Eyberg said...

I could read 5 more if they were Curious George or maybe Capt'n Underpants.

K.C. Shaw said...

That sounds like a good mashup....

Cate Gardner said...

Woo-Hoo! Good month, KC.

K.C. Shaw said...

Thanks! You're setting me a good example, though.