Saturday, January 3, 2009

Short story day

Tomorrow will be the Day of the Short Story. I'm going to write that undead sharks story if it kills me, since I have it more or less plotted out. I'd like to write a flash story too, if I can come up with a decent idea, because I haven't sent anything to EDF in forever. And I'd like to work on a story I started ages ago called "Shades of Gray" (I kind of like the title), because I have it plotted out too. It's a shame to waste a perfectly good plot.

Besides, one of my resolutions this year is to write six short stories. I might as well get started.

7 comments:

Jamie Eyberg said...

Go undead sharks.

Jameson T. Caine said...

Good luck. I've been staring at the word processor off and on all day, and haven't written a bloody thing.

K.C. Shaw said...

My writing production had plummeted the last few weeks. I think I've written about 100 words today. Undead sharks should help!

Cate Gardner said...

Three short stories in one day - go you!

And you and your 'undead sharks' are now number 1 on Google.

K.C. Shaw said...

Oh, good! I'm like Carrie Harris and her Batman eyebrows, I guess. You know what they say, it's better to be wanted for murder--er, I mean an obscure Google phrases--than not to be wanted at all.

Aaron Polson said...

Whoot, sharky! Whoot! I've only written 150 words since 2008. Yikes!

K.C. Shaw said...

I'm about 500 words in. Working title is "Bad Sushi." :)