Thursday, January 1, 2009

Read me at BCS!

My story "Sand-Skin Man" is up at Beneath Ceaseless Skies! I'm very proud. And it's a great way to start off the new year, with a story in an excellent magazine!

Oh, and Terry Pratchett has been knighted, which is awesome too. Although not quite as awesome as my story--but then, what is?

Oh, and an idea from P.J. Hoover via Carrie Harris, I'm also going to try and read 50 books this year (not re-reads). I'll stick a new gumpy thing on the sidebar to list the books as I read them, so if anyone wants to race you can see how I'm doing. Competitive reading = fun!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy first day of 2009!

Total re-congrats on the BCS story!

Josh Reynolds said...

Congratulations!

Jameson T. Caine said...

Excellent story and congrats!

I like the 50 book idea. I think I'll rush off to shamelessly "borrow" it.

Jamie Eyberg said...

Yippee for published stories. Especially good stories in good markets!

Cate Gardner said...

Ooh! I've printed it out and will read it at work tomorrow.

K.C. Shaw said...

Thanks, y'all!

Everyone is eating black-eyed peas today, right? They give you luck for the year!

Aaron Polson said...

Beautiful tale. Beautiful.

"...he had left me with a purpose greater than revenge." Cuts to the quick, that does.

And you worked in about fifteen were-animals.

K.C. Shaw said...

lol, yes, I even think I mentioned weredeer. Thanks, I'm glad you liked it.