Monday, January 5, 2009

Seven things about *yawn* me

Catherine J. Gardner tagged me, little knowing that I have no interesting facts about myself at all. You have been warned!

Share seven facts about yourself in the post. Tag seven people at the end of your post by leaving their names and the links to their blogs.

1. My hobby is spinning wool (and other fibers) into yarn. I've been doing it for over a decade now. At the moment I'm spinning some of the neighbor's dog's fluff into yarn for him, after which my uncle wants me to spin his dog's fur into yarn too. Apparently I've found a little niche here with my spinning.

2. I had a turkey sandwich and cranberry juice for lunch. FASCINATING.

3. I have a strange addiction to buying things to put things in. I must own about a million bags of various kinds, from cute little handbags to great big canvas bags just perfect for carrying a pile of library books in. And yet I didn't start carrying a purse until a few years ago!

4. I drive a Toyota Yaris (2007). My first car was a VW Rabbit (1984). So you see my car size has not changed appreciably. If I could afford it, I'd buy a blue convertible MiniCooper. They only started selling Minis here a few years ago, and my brother has one. I envy.

5. I used to keep sheep. Jacob sheep, specifically, the spotted ones with four horns. When I have a little farm one day I want to keep Shetlands and angora goats.

6. When I was a kid, I decided my Secret Name was Jagger Aragon. It does actually kind of weird me out a little to let everyone on the internets know my Secret Name. Don't misuse it!

7. I read Orwell's 1984 in the year 1984. For the hell of it.

Instead of making an ordinary tag list now, I will tag seven (or more!) people MENTALLY. If you just thought, "I wonder if she tagged me?" the answer is YES! Also you are psychic, so you can put that as one of your interesting things.

12 comments:

Aaron Polson said...

Y'know, there's some good stuff here. I think we all second guess our uniqueness/interest factor.

For example--1--who else here has spun dog fluff into yarn?

K.C. Shaw said...

If anyone passing by is a dog fur spinner, I want to know! We can start a club!

Jamie Eyberg said...

I want a dog sweater made from dog fur. Perhaps a poodle sweater for a pitbull or something.

Jameson T. Caine said...

In 1984 I read Zelazny's Amber series. I can remember that but not where I sat the phone down five minutes ago...

K.C. Shaw said...

Jamie--poodle fur is wonderful to spin, just like wool. I have some baby booties made of it (my Raggedy Ann is wearing them right now). Back when I was selling my stuff at a local craft co-op, the poodle baby booties were popular because dog hair is super warm and poodle is non-allergenic.

Jameson--cell phones have cloaking devices, I'm pretty sure.

Unknown said...

Finally, someone has figured out something to do with all that damn dog hair that sheds around the house! You are an unsung hero in muy book, friend.

K.C. Shaw said...

The fluff adds up, and soon you have enough for a muffler! A fluffler!

Yellow Jacket Ridge Angoras said...

I've never seen a sheep with 4 horns. Gotta see that!

Cate Gardner said...

I adore handbags, shoulder bags, canvas bags - my room is littered with them. They're hanging from my chair, they're in the drawers beneath my bed, they're hanging from hooks.

Love the secret name. I was in the Secret Six (like the Enid Blyton's the Secret Seven but not as cool) when I was 9/10. We didn't do anything daring. And we weren't that secret as we made ourselves badges.

Carrie Harris said...

You spin? How cool; I've always wanted to learn.

K.C. Shaw said...

Yellow Jacket--Jacobs are a polycyrate breed (not sure I spelled that right--it means multi-horned). They're rather primitive, goat-like sheep that can have 2-6 horns. Pretty cool!

K.C. Shaw said...

Cate--I was in a club we called Wildcats of the Laurel (because we met at my friend Ginger's house on Laurel Road). Mostly we just sat around talking about the cute boy who lived across the street. Sometimes we'd go spy on him too.

Carrie--It's embarrassingly easy! You should learn! I taught myself from a book.